Okrąglak: the Round Market Hall

Address:
Plac Nowy, Kraków

The Nowy (New) Square, generally known as Żydowski (Jewish), has been a commercial precinct from its earliest days. It centre is taken over by a round building, a commercial market hall called the Okrąglak.

Built in 1900, it was leased to the Jewish community by the municipality of Kraków in 1927 as a ritual slaughter house for poultry. The establishment was liquidated by the Nazis at the beginning of the occupation of Kraków during the Second World War, and since that time it has again operated as a general market hall.

Date: 2013-06-20 Show ticket
News author: Weronika Dulowska
News Publisher: Portal główny EN
  • Send to a friend
  • Add to favourites

What? Where? When?