Former Church of St Michael and the Monastery of Discalced Carmelites

ul. Senacka 3, 31-002 Kraków

What is today the Museum of Archaeology replaced the mediaeval mansion of the Tęczyński family, Hospice of the Benedictine order from Tyniec, and gardens of the Kraków Cathedral Chapter in the first half of the 17th century.

Late in the 18th century the church was converted into a prison, a function it played until 1944. A decade later, the building was entrusted to the Museum of Archaeology. Plenty of church furnishing has been retained, notably the altars (currently in St Catherine’s and Franciscan churches), a Baroque crucifix (in the Capuchin Church), and a painting of St Joseph from the latter half of the 17th century (in the Carmelite Church).

Date: 2017-05-19 Show ticket
News Publisher: Portal główny EN
  • Send to a friend
  • Add to favourites

What? Where? When?