The history of the Jagiellonian Library closely relates to the history of the University. The name Jagiellonian Library was established in the second half of the 19th century. The beginning of the Library dates back to the 14th century, which is reflected in three codes from that period, most likely used at CasimirUniversity. Over the centuries, the library was situated in Collegium Maius. Not until the thirties of the last century, a decision was made about building a new place. The building at Mickiewicz Avenue was built in the years 1931-1939 according to the Wacław Krzyżanowski design. The library keeps priceless manuscripts, old prints, and collections of graphic works. It has a status of a national institution.