Podgórze Bridge

Address:
Most Podgórski, Kraków

About

Designed by Tomasz Kutschera and erected in the years 1844-1850, it was the first Kraków Bridge on the Vistula with a permanent brick support.

It was 145 metres long and almost 7 metres wide, it had five larch spans covered in a lead sheet and four stone pillars in the river's stream.

It served as a crossing for over eighty years. It was ultimately pulled down in 1936 and the only elements that remained are abutments, on which Father Bernatek Footbridge was placed in 2010, connecting Kazimierz and Podgórze. It was built in place of the former Karol Bridge (destroyed by a flood in 1813).

Source: krakow.travel

Translation: Summa Linguae

Date: 2013-06-07 Show ticket
News author: Weronika Dulowska
News Publisher: Portal główny EN
  • Send to a friend
  • Add to favourites

What? Where? When?