Railway viaduct over Grzegórzecka Street

Address:
ul. Grzegórzecka, Kraków

About

It was built by the Galician Railway of Archduke Charles Louis in the years 1861-1863 as a railway bridge over the old Vistula riverbed.

It became a viaduct only after the riverbed was covered in the years 1878-1880. It is almost 100 metres long, 12 metres wide and it has 5 spans, each 7 metres high and 11 metres wide.

The brick vault is terminated by semi-circular arches and the massive pillars are made of ashlars. It is one of the oldest preserved bridges in Kraków. On the east side, the date of its construction is inscribed over the pillars.

Source: krakow.travel

Translation: Summa Linguae

Date: 2013-06-07 Show ticket
News author: Weronika Dulowska
News Publisher: Portal główny EN
  • Send to a friend
  • Add to favourites

What? Where? When?