Zieleniewski Forging Shop

Address:
ul. Świetego Marka 31, Kraków

About

Blacksmith Antoni Zieleniewski from Warsaw arrived in Kraków at the beginning of the 19th century.

In 1810, he purchased a town house at 31 Różana Street (currently Św. Tomasza Street) and established a blacksmith's workshop.

In 1839, his son, Ludwik, opened a new plant at 31 Św. Marka Street, in which he soon manufactured machines for the purposes of agriculture, mining, oil refinery and brewery, all the time receiving international medals and awards. This is where Kraków's modern industry began.

In 1886, the plant was destroyed in a fire. Antoni's grandchildren, Leon and Edmund, built a new one on Krowoderska Street. What remained of the plant erected by Ludwik Zieleniewski is only an adjacent house with inner courtyard and a garden, as well as a forging shop with a characteristic large chimney from a furnace.

Source: krakow.travel

Translation: Summa Linguae

Date: 2013-06-07 Show ticket
News author: Weronika Dulowska
News Publisher: Portal główny EN
  • Send to a friend
  • Add to favourites

What? Where? When?