Kraków’s new solutions in fight against COVID-19
The current situation is forcing us to take action; action that inspires and has the power to drive change. We seek new solutions in our fight against COVID-19 and aspire to minimise the social and economic impact of the pandemic.
In achieving these objectives, it is essential and valuable to fall back on exchange of knowledge, experience and good practice. This is why we wish to present the initiatives Kraków has been implementing in order to come to terms with the new, challenging reality and share the results obtained.
We hope that the solutions described will form a handbook of good practice that may open up new opportunities for cooperation with our foreign partners and so, we encourage you to share with us the innovations your cities have introduced.
Support for local business, artists and residents offered during COVID 19 pandemic by the Municipal Entrepreneurship and Innovation Department:
- PAUZA Programme
- Crisis Counselling Centres
- Surveys regarding the situation of entrepreneurs in Kraków during the coronavirus pandemic
- Mapping tools
- Support for cultural activities carried out in regenerated areas
Projects developed by Advisor to the Mayor of Kraków for Family Affairs and the Municipal Department of Social Policy and Health (Families Section):
- Parents' Clubs and online activities for kids
- The Green House
- Teen Zone
- Psychological assistance
- Summer/Winter with KKR
- Kraków for Families campaign
- Family Swimming
- Christmas presents for children from Kraków’s foster families
- Supporting Young Talent
- Support for children/families of incarcerated parents
Municipal Department of Tourism & Kraków Convention Bureau:
Advisor to the Mayor of Kraków for Senior Citizens Policy and the Municipal Department of Social Policy and Health (Senior Citizens Section):