Hungarian Center in Krakow
|ADRES:||Św. Filipa 23/4, 30-150 Kraków|
The CRACOVIA EXPRESSZ Foundation was set up in January 2001. The aim of this public utility institution is to maintain an independent Hungarian Cultural Centre, which has been working for almos 10 years with the financial aid of foundations and sponsors.
- Refreshing the Hungarian-Polish cultural cooperation, providing the traditionally friendly relationship with a more effective basis, promoting mutual cultural programs, placing an even greater emphasis on the need for a Central-European cooperation.
- Developing Hungarian-Polish relationship, cross-cultural communications and “cross-borders” cooperation in the cultural field in view of preparations for accession to the European Union.
- Establishing an Independent Hungarian Cultural Centre that will be destined to realize and implement the above objectives at the same time to assure the conditions for the operation of the Centre.
- Qualitative cultural policy – introducing outstanding personalities of Hungarian cultural life irrespective of party politics or personal symphaties.
- Assessment and consideration of local needs – even the most ambitious ideas can turn into isolated initiatives if they are not adapted to the taste and soul of the given culture.
- Economic efficiency – small office, minimum administration, as efficient activity as possible.
- High quality promotion activity – good relationship with the local and national press and advertising agencies, connecting activity to other festivals and international programs in Poland.
- Organising representative Hungarian exhibitions, providing exhibition opportunity for the introduction of Hungarian culture and art, giving support for artistic initiatives.
- Supporting young artists, providing an opportunity for the publication of Hungarian books in Polish, for making documentaries, photo albums and other publications.
- Organizing film festivals, concerts, literary and authorial evenings, conferences, professional meetings, language courses, providing scholarships, rewards, conducting artistic competitions, offering other types of financial aid to promote and introduce artistic work, promoting and organizing guest performance of Hungarian theatres in Poland, promoting guest performance of Hungarian artists in Poland, organizing exchange journeys for the representatives of cultural life.
- Providing easy access to touristic information.
- Documentation: setting up a library in the Hungarian Centre in Cracow, regular collection of data, establishing and maintaining an IT database.