What is the song in the heart of Florence?
Florence is the capital city of the Italian region of Tuscany, situated on the Arno River at the foot of the Apennines. The unique artistic atmosphere of this city was created by leading representatives of the Renaissance, including Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo. And what music have the Florentines listened to?
SONGS OF FLORENCE – CLASSICAL AND ROMANTIC
- “Mattinata fiorentina (Svegliatevi bambine)” - Alberto Rabagliati
- “La porti un bacione a Firenze” - Odoardo Spadaro
- “Firenze Sogna” - Narciso Parigi
SONGS OF FLORENCE – BOTH HUMOROUS AND ENTERTAINING
- “L’Alluvione” - Riccardo Marasco
Although this song talks about the “great flood” of 1966 its tone is humorous and encouraging!
- “Signora Beatrice” - Riccardo Marasco
This song is dedicated to Bica Portinari - the muse of Dante Alighieri!
SONGS OF FLORENCE – CONTEMPORARY
- “Le Ragazze di Firenze” - Lorenzo Baglioni