Kraków Power Plant

ul. Dajwór 27, Kraków


The plant was created between 1904 and 1905.

At first, it was a part of the municipal gasworks, which was long reluctant to allow competitive electricity in Kraków. In 1913, the first street lighting was introduced (around Planty Park). In 1976, the power plant was converted into a heat-only boiler station, which operated until 1984.

The power plant retained its original architecture in the administrative building, machinery halls from 1904 and 1914, the control room and the switchgear centre as well as the boiler house, workhouses and the remains of the cooling tower in the background.


Translation: Summa Linguae

Date: 2013-06-07 Show ticket
News author: Weronika Dulowska
News Publisher: Portal główny EN
  • Send to a friend
  • Add to favourites