B’nai Emunah House of Prayer – Centre for Jewish Culture

Address:
ul. Meiselsa 17, Kraków

The single-storey house on the corner of ul. Meiselsa (No. 17) and plac Nowy square (No. 5) is the former B’nai Emunah House of Prayer, built in 1886. After the Second World War it was used for commercial purposes, and among other businesses it housed a carpenter’s workshop.

In 1988–93 it was renovated and adapted for the Centre for Jewish Culture of the Judaica Foundation. Most funds for the transformation came from the US Congress, with the city of Kraków cofunding the development. The centre was officially opened on 24 November 1993.

Date: 2013-06-20 Show ticket
News author: Weronika Dulowska
News Publisher: Portal główny EN
  • Send to a friend
  • Add to favourites

What? Where? When?