Church of St Thomas the Apostle

Address:
ul. Szpitalna 12, 31-024 Kraków

Together with the adjacent monastery, the Baroque church was developed in the place of the former house of worship of the Polish Brethren (Arians) in the first half of the 17th century.

In the Baroque interior, the eye turns to the painting of the Saint Mary Major in the high altar, and the sculpture of the Sorrowful Christ in the porch, coming from the demolished Church of the Holy Spirit. Until the end of the 18th century, the church belonged to the Carmelites (Calced), and later to the Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Spirit de Saxia, who ran a school here until 1948.

Date: 2017-05-19 Show ticket
News author: MARCIN DROBISZ
News Publisher: Portal główny EN
  • Send to a friend
  • Add to favourites

What? Where? When?