St Florian’s Church

Address:
ul. Warszawska 1B, 31-155 Kraków

The church was built late in the 12th century on the site where according to legend, horses drawing the relics of St Florian came unexpectedly to a halt. In the 15th century it was rebuilt in the Gothic style, and it burnt down during the Swedish invasion of 1655. The reconstruction completed in 1684 produced a basilica in its current shape: three-aisled, with a Baroque corpus with two towers and a Gothic chancel.

The church marks the beginning of the Royal Route: the path of state and royal parades and funerals, leading to Wawel Hill.

Date: 2017-05-19 Show ticket
News author: MARCIN DROBISZ
News Publisher: Portal główny EN
  • Send to a friend
  • Add to favourites

What? Where? When?