The Ludwik Solski State Drama Academy
PWST was founded in 1946 by Juliusz Osterwa as a result of uniting three studios operating in Krakow: Actor's Studio at the Stary Theatre, Actor's Studio at the J. Słowacki Theatre and Iwo Gall Dramatic Studio. Outstanding theatre actors have managed the School from the beginning: Juliusz Osterwa, Tadeusz Burnatowicz, Władysław Woźnik, Eugeniusz Fulde, Bronisław Dąbrowski, Jerzy Krasowski, Danuta Michałowska, Jerzy Trela, and Jerzy Stuhr.
In 1998, the Krakow PWST inaugurated the St. Wyspiański Stage, which has become the place of graduation performances and student workshops. The place has witnessed master performances by great artists such as Andrzej Seweryn, Teresa Budzisz-Krzyżanowska, Zbigniew Zapasiewicz, or Piotr Fronczewski.