The Sukiennice Gallery - branch of the National Museum in Krakow
In 1879, the Cloth Hall was chosen for the seat of the National Museum, whose collection was initiated by a Polish painter, Henryk Siemiradzki, who donated his painting called Pochodnie Nerona ("Nero's torches") to the new museum. The gallery features works of art by Jan Matejko, Piotr Michałowski, Jacek Malczewski, Artur Grottger, Józef Chełmoński and Leon Wyczółkowski.
After a complete overhaul and modernisation, the Gallery of 19th-century Polish art was reopened in 2010. On the one hand, the gallery's style resembles the 19th century, and on the other – it is a state-of-the-art 21st century museum. The historical building contains rooms which allow interactive reception of art and multidimensional education.
Translation: Summa Linguae