House at number 7 Komorowskiego Street

Address:
ul. Komorowskiego 7, Kraków

Description

It was a meeting place for Karol Wojtyła and his friends, who established the Rhapsodic Theatre under the direction of Mieczysław Kotlarczyk on the 22nd August 1941.

Karol Wojtyła was one of the leading actors and a co-author of performances. In the first play (Król-Duch Słowackiego), which premiered on All Saints' Day in 1941, he played King Bolesław II the Generous. He had performed in plays until he joined the theological college.

The theatre was closed down in 1967 by the communist authorities. It is believed to have happened after archbishop Karol Wojtyła delivered a commemorative service for the people associated with the theatre on the 22nd August 1966 in the cathedral, in front of the sarcophagus of St. Stanislaus.

Date: 2016-02-15 Show ticket
News author: MARCIN DROBISZ
News Publisher: Portal główny EN
  • Send to a friend
  • Add to favourites