30 Rękawka Street

Address:
ul. Rękawka 30, Kraków

About

On this site, in the former school building of the Talmud Torah Association, in 1940, Dr. Aleksander Bieberstein established a contagious diseases hospital, which remained in the ghetto after 1941.

During the deportation in June 1942, the hospital workers gave shelter to about 350 people (so that the sick were not subject to the deportation). After downsizing the ghetto in June 1942, the hospital was moved to a building at 3 Zgody Square.

During the elimination of the ghetto in March 1943, all patients of the Contagious Diseases Hospital were shot down – the marks from the bullets can still be seen on the wall of the preserved building.

Source: krakow.travel

Translation: Summa Linguae

Date: 2013-06-17 Show ticket
News author: Weronika Dulowska
News Publisher: Portal główny EN
  • Send to a friend
  • Add to favourites