Podgórze Power Station

Address:
ul. Nadwiślańska 4, Kraków

About

Podgórze had its own power plant five years before Kraków, which hardly does Kraków any credit.

The Municipal Power Plant in Podgórze was established in the years 1899-1900 at 4 Nadwiślańska Street. The building, erected especially for that purpose, was constructed in the historicist style with a matching interior. It had a high chimney that overlooked the entire development; to this day it is one of the symbols of industrial Podgórze.

In the summer of 2009, the construction of a state-of-the-art exhibition centre will be initiated, which will be connected with Cricoteka, a museum of the life and work of Tadeusz Kantor, planned to be moved here in the future. The new building, in the futuristic form of a bridge span, will be "bridged over" the structurally unchanged old power plant, which will serve as a theatre and a concert hall.

Source: krakow.travel

Translation: Summa Linguae

Date: 2013-06-07 Show ticket
News author: Weronika Dulowska
News Publisher: Portal główny EN
  • Send to a friend
  • Add to favourites

What? Where? When?