Piłsudski Bridge

Address:
Most Marszałka Piłsudskiego, Kraków

About

Its construction began in June 1926 and its grand opening took place on the 19th January 1933.

It was 146-metre long (its middle span was 72 metres long) and the 10-metre wide road featured a double trackway line and pavements for pedestrians on both sides.

The concrete abutments of the bridge were mounted on foundations made in the period when the boulevards were built. Its iron truss structure (weighing 1200 tonnes) was made by Zieleniewski plant. At the end of World War II, the bridge was mined and partly damaged by the Germans. It was reconstructed in 1948.

Source: krakow.travel

Translation: Summa Linguae

Date: 2013-06-07 Show ticket
News author: Weronika Dulowska
News Publisher: Portal główny EN
  • Send to a friend
  • Add to favourites

What? Where? When?