Wojciech Bednarski Landscape Park

Address:
ul. Zamoyskiego, Kraków

The closed down limestone quarry part of Krzemionki was transformed into a public landscape park basing on a concept which originated in the 1890s. It was thanks to the efforts of Wojciech Bednarski (1841-1914), the contemporary alderman of the town of Podgórze, that the plan was soon realised. The park was opened on the 19th July 1896. Currently, the gradually expanded park (the last part was opened only after World War II) takes up 7.2 ha.

 

Translation: Summa Linguae

Date: 2013-06-07 Show ticket
News author: Weronika Dulowska
News Publisher: Portal główny EN
  • Send to a friend
  • Add to favourites