St Florian's Church

Address:
ul.Warszawska, Kraków

In 1185, Duke Casimir the Just and Krakow Bishop Gedko brought the relics of St. Florian to Kraków and founded a church. In the 15th century, the church was converted into a two-aisle Gothic hall with a rectangular chancel. The building was burnt down in 1655 during the Swedish Deluge and was rebuilt in 1684 as a two-aisle basilica with a Baroque two-tower body and a Gothic three-sided chancel. This used to be the starting point of the so-called Royal Route, the trail of royal funeral processions and ceremonial entries to the city.
  • Send to a friend
  • Add to favourites