- Jewish Krakow
- Jewish Krakow
- Nazi occupation: beginning of the terror
- Ghetto 1941-1943
- History of Krakow’s Jews until 1939
- Camp in Płaszów
- Resistance movement and aid
- Modern Jewish life in Krakow
- Schedule of events 2013
- 70th Anniversary of the Liquidation of Krakow Ghetto
- Tadeusz Pankiewicz’s Pharmacy in Krakow Ghetto
- Tourist routes
- Jewish culture route
- The walk along the Kazimierz District
- Photo galleries
- Kazimierz in the old photos
- The magic of Kazimierz District
- See also...
- Commemorating the Ghetto
- Mike Steiman – a friend of the Jewish Culture Festival
- Janusz Makuch – Director of the Jewish Culture Festival
- PDF publications
Jewish Hall of Residence
The Jewish Hall of Residence was built in the years 1924-26 on the initiative of the Kraków branch of the B'nai B'rith organisation called Solidarity, and the Association of Jewish Academic Youth at the Jagiellonian University called Ognisko. The funds for the construction of the building came from the university and from contribution of the Kraków Jewish community.
The facility was designed by Adolf Siódmak and the interior by Tobiasz Wexner, who also managed the dorm's construction. The Jewish Hall of Residence became an important centre of the social and cultural life of the Jewish community in Kraków. In the thirties, its showy hall often housed exhibitions of the members of the Association of Jewish Painters and Sculptors: Artur Markowicz, Abraham Neuman, Szymon Müller, Wilhelm Grünberg, Leon Lewkowicz, Antoni Soldinger, Jakub Glasner, Henryk Hochman and others.
In October 1939, the Germans arranged a brothel for the military in the abandoned hall of residents. Currently, the building once again serves as a dormitory.
Translation: Summa Linguae SA