- Jewish Krakow
- Jewish Krakow
- Nazi occupation: beginning of the terror
- Ghetto 1941-1943
- History of Krakow’s Jews until 1939
- Camp in Płaszów
- Resistance movement and aid
- Modern Jewish life in Krakow
- Schedule of events 2013
- 70th Anniversary of the Liquidation of Krakow Ghetto
- Tadeusz Pankiewicz’s Pharmacy in Krakow Ghetto
- Tourist routes
- Jewish culture route
- The walk along the Kazimierz District
- Photo galleries
- Kazimierz in the old photos
- The magic of Kazimierz District
- See also...
- Commemorating the Ghetto
- Mike Steiman – a friend of the Jewish Culture Festival
- Janusz Makuch – Director of the Jewish Culture Festival
- PDF publications
The complex of three- and four-storey buildings erected in the years 1918, 1924 and 1931. At the corner buttress of the building there are plaques with inscriptions in Hebrew and Polish commemorating that it used to house a primary school (5 Brzozowa Street), Chaim Hilfstein's Hebrew Gymnasium (8/10 Podbrzezie Street) of the Jewish Society of Folk and Secondary School in Kraków. The Gymnasium taught general subjects in Polish, and Judaic subjects in Hebrew. High level of education was guaranteed by excellent teaching staff that included: Hirsz Szerer, mathematician and school director; Juliusz Feldhorn, teacher of Polish studies, poet and translator of French and German literature; Chaim Löw, also teacher of Polish studies and writer; Joachim Metallman, natural scientist and senior lecturer of the Jagiellonian University; and Bencjon Katz, Hebraist and lecturer of this language at the Jagiellonian University.
Today it houses the complex of occupational schools.