What is worth knowing about hotel services in Krakow
Practical information for the owners of facilities other than: hotels, motels, guest houses, camping sites, cruise houses, youth hostels and shelters.
Do you provide accommodation services? (popularly known as short-term tourist rentals)
- The Mayor of the City of Krakow holds records1 of objects providing hotel services (the so-called non-categorized) that are not hotel facilities (other than: hotels, motels, guest houses, camping sites, camping houses, youth hostels or shelters) or campsites in the Municipality of Krakow - art. 38 par. 3 of the Act2 of 29 August 1997 on hotel services and tour guide services and tourist guides (consolidated text, Journal of Laws of 2019, item 238).
- Before commencing such services, in accordance with art. 39 of the Act2, the entrepreneur is obliged to enter such an accommodation facility to the register1.
- The entry into the register1 is made at the entrepreneur's request.
- A facility entered in accordance with the applicable regulations must meet construction, sanitary and fire-fighting requirements
- Full information on the terms of providing hotel services in non-categorized facilities and the entry of such facilities providing hotel services (application for entry) is posted on the following websites:
- The entry into the register1 is not subject to tax fees.
The provision of hotel services in a non-categorized facility (e.g. a hostel, an apartment, guest rooms), not entered into the register1 is punishable with criminal penalties in accordance with the Code of Misdemeanors.
Ask your guests to respect residents comfort of living.
All information regarding the entry in the register1 can be obtained from the Tourism Department of the City of Krakow: 3-4 pl. Wszystkich Świętych, telephone number: 12 616 17 30, 12 616 60 70, 12 616 12 76, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1The registry of the facilities providing hotel services which are not hotel facilities, and campsites in the Municipality of Krakow.
* Hotel services - short-term, generally available renting of houses, flats, rooms, beds, as well as places for setting tents or caravans and providing related services within the facility