Sixteen new Polish Congress Ambassadors honored during the gala in Poznan!
During the gala at the Poznan International Fair, more Polish Congress Ambassadors were honored. For the first time, Polish Congress Patrons were also distinguished, showing appreciation for the sponsors supporting the meeting’s industry. Krakow can boast of as many as four laureates!
The Eighteenth Gala of Polish Congress Ambassadors took place on September 27th, in the Earth Hall, part of the Poznan International Fair. The organizers of this year's gala included the City of Poznan and the International Poznan Fair, and the co-organizers of the program were: the Polish Tourist Organization and the Conferences and Congresses Association in Poland.
The PCA program is designed to promote Poland as a place for the organization of international congresses and conferences. Its implementation is also supported regionally as part of the activities of the local Ambassador Clubs. This year, Izabela Albrycht from the Kosciuszko Institute, Prof. Małgorzata Filip, PhD from the Institute of Pharmacology of the Polish Academy of Sciences and Prof. Alicja Hubalewska-Dydejczyk, MD, PhD from the Collegium Medicum of the Jagiellonian University joined the Krakow Polish Congress Ambassadors. And Concept Music Art became the Patron of Polish Congresses.
The full list of Polish Congress Ambassadors 2017:
- Izabela Albrycht, Kościuszko Institute - Institute for European Integration
- Prof. Małgorzata Filip, PhD, at the Institute of Pharmacology of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Prof. Zbigniew Gąsior, MD, PhD, at the Chair and Department of Cardiology, Silesian Medical University in Katowice; Second Department of Cardiology, Upper Silesian Medical Center in Katowice
- Prof. Alicja Hubalewska-Dydejczyk,MD, PhD, at the Collegium Medicum of the Jagiellonian University
- Prof. Sergiusz Jóźwiak, MD, PhD, at the Pediatric Neurology Clinic, Warsaw Medical University
- Prof. Michał Lenartowicz, J. Piłsudski Academy of Physical Education in Warsaw
- Prof. Krzysztof Makowski, PhD, at the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, History Department, Institute of History
- Prof. Dariusz Matosiuk, MD, PhD, Rector for Science at the Medical University of Lublin, Department of Chemical Synthesis and Technology of Medicinal Products
- Prof. Jacek Misiurewicz, the Warsaw University of Technology, Institute of Electronic Systems
- Prof. Konrad Rejdak, MD, PhD, at the Independent Public Clinical Hospital No. 4 in Lublin
- Prof. Monika Rudzińska, MD, PhD, at the Medical University of Silesia in Katowice
- Prof. Kinga Suwińska, PhD, at the Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw
- Prof. Piotr Szopiński, MD, PhD, at the Department of Vascular Surgery, Institute of Hematology and Transfusion
- Prof. Eng. Arkadiusz Wójs, PhD, at the Wrocław University of Technology, Faculty of the Fundamental Problems of Technology
- Prof. Eng. Robert Wrembel, Poznan University of Technology, Faculty of Computer Science, Institute of Computer Science
- Regional Chamber of Commerce in Katowice
A total of 252 ambassadors were honored in the PCA Program.
This year, the Association of Conferences and Congresses in Poland was awarded a special distinction, on the occasion of the anniversary of its twenty-year existence.
Thanks to the changes introduced in the regulations of the PCA Program, the following Polish Congress Patrons were honored during the gala for the first time: Adamed Group for their support of the congress of the Polish Society of Vascular Surgery and educational activities conducted as part of their partnership with PTCHN, as well as Fortum Power and Heat Poland for their support of the Open Eyes Economy Summit Congress. A special Polish Congress Ambassadors Gala distinction 2017 was awarded to the Chapter of Concept Music Art for providing technological and logistical support for last year's Krakow gala, including the concept of a multimedia setting referring to the work of Stanisław Wyspiański.
The ICP Group is the winner of the competition for organizing the largest international congress in Poland in 2017, the company organized the Womex fair and a conference in Katowice.
The gala was preceded by the Poznan Meetings Challenge conference organized by the Association of Conferences and Congresses in Poland. It was devoted to the challenges faced by the Polish and Poznan meetings and cooperation market of meeting organizers with sponsors and partners.
The next congress, the 19th Gala of Polish Congress Ambassadors will take place on October 21st at the International Congress Center in Katowice.