Polish Congress Ambassadors 2019
During the session of the Polish Congress Ambassadors Programme Chapter on 4 June, 18 prominent new figures representing the scientific and business community, including 4 from Krakow, joined the group of Honorary Ambassadors of Polish Congresses!
Until now, the title of Ambassador of Congresses was received by nearly 250 people, including over 50 from Kraków and Małopolska.The following persons were honoured with the Honorary Ambassador of Polish Congresses title from Krakow: Professor Jerzy Falandysz, PhD, Professor Dariusz Grzebelus, PhD, Professor Wojciech Kwiatek, PhD, and Konstanty Szułdrzyński, MD, PhD. A meeting with the laureates and the award ceremony will take place during the Gala of Polish Congress Ambassadors on 21 October this year at the International Congress Centre in Katowice.
The Polish Congress Ambassadors Programme is implemented jointly by the Polish Tourist Organization and the Conferences and Congresses in Poland Association, a non-governmental organisation,- and it aims at recognising and distinguishing those who actively and with great commitment gain new congresses for Poland. Representing our country in various international structures, Congress Ambassadors use their extensive and meaningful contacts to promote our country, its culture and scientific achievements.
As a result of the discussion and voting of the Chapter, 18 persons have joined the group of Honorary Polish Congress Ambassadors:
01. Professor Jarosław Barski, PhD, Centre for Experimental Medicine of the Medical University of Silesia,
02. Professor Edward Chlebus, PhD, Eng., Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Wroclaw University of Technology,
03. Professor Krzysztof Czaplewski, PhD, Maritime University in Gdynia,
04. Professor Jerzy Falandysz, PhD, University of Gdansk,
05. Kevin Mael Fortin, World Freestyle Football Association
06. Professor Krzysztof Giannopoulos, MD, PhD, Medical University of Lublin,
07. Professor Dariusz Grzebelus, PhD, Eng., University of Agriculture in Krakow,
08. Professor Izabella Grzegory, PhD, PAN Institute of High Pressure Physics,
09. Professor Wojciech Kosiak, MD, PhD, Medical University of Gdansk,
10. Professor Wojciech Kwiatek, PhD, PAN Institute of Nuclear Physics,
11. Professor Przemysław Mitkowski, MD, PhD, Medical University in Poznan,
12. Professor Wojciech Polkowski, MD, PhD, Medical University in Lublin,
13. Bianka Siwińska PhD, Perspektywy Educational Foundation,
14. Professor Piotr Stepnowski, PhD, University of Gdansk,
15. Wojciech Sztuba PhD, TPA Poland,
16. Konstanty Szułdrzyński, MD, Collegium Medicum of the Jagiellonian University,
17. Professor Ewaryst Tkacz, PhD, Eng., Faculty of Biomedical Engineering at the Silesian University of Technology,
18. Rene Wawrzkiewicz, MSc Eng., Polish Graphic Design Awards.
The title of the Patron of Polish Congresses was this year awarded to:
01. Philips Polska Sp. z o.o. for substantive and hardware engagement in lectures and workshops organised during industry conferences and congresses of the Polish Cardiac Society,
02. The PZU S.A. insurance company for the support of the CYBERSEC European Cybersecurity Forum,
03. GE Healthcare, for support for meetings and events implemented, among others, by the Polish Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care; Polish the Neonatology Society; the Polish Medical Radiological Society, as well as the Polish Society of Nuclear Medicine.
A special distinction of the Gala of Polish Congress Ambassadors 2018 was granted by the Chapter of the MTP Group for providing technological and logistical support for last year's event that took place at the International Poznan Fair.
The Chapter was composed of:
01. Alicja Adamczak, PhD, President of the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland,
02. Małgorzata Bartosik, Acting CEO of Wind Europe,
03. Jerzy Chmiel, PhD, President of the Polish Section of the International Council of Folklore Associations, Festivals and Folk Art,
04. Paula Fanderowska, President of the Conferences and Congresses in Poland Association,
05. Agnieszka Jędrzejczyk-Wojciechowska, Vice-President of the Polish Tourist Organization,
06. Aneta Książek, Head of the Poland Convention Bureau POT section
07. Ewa Mańkiewicz-Cudny, President of the Federation of Scientific and Technical Associations NOT - Chief Technical Organisation (voting electronically),
08. Jan Mazurczak, President of the Management Board of the Poznan Convention Bureau,
09. Professor Marek Pawełczyk, PhD, Eng., Vice-Rector for Science and Development, the Silesian University of Technology, President of the AKP Chapter,
10. Małgorzata Przygórska - Skowron, Krakow Convention Bureau,
11. Ireneusz Węgłowski, President of the Chamber of Commerce of the Polish Hotel Industry (voting electronically),
12. Sabrina Żymierska, board member of the Conferences and Congresses in Poland Association.