Polish Congress Ambassadors 2017
On May 8, during the session of the Chapter of the Polish Congress Ambassadors Program, 17 new distinguished personalities representing the scientific and business circles, including 4 from Krakow, joined the group of the Honorary Ambassadors of Polish Congresses! Until now, the title of Congress Ambassador has been received by 238 people, including over 40 from Krakow and the Malopolska Region.
The title of the honorary of Polish Congress Ambassador in Krakow was received by: Professor Jerzy Hausner PhD, Krakow University of Economics, Czesław Lang, Lang Team Sp. z o. o., Professor Janusz Skalski, PhD, Jagiellonian University Medical Centre, Institute of Paediatrics, Maciej Żarow, DMD, PhD, DENTIST.
A meeting with the winners and diplomas of recognition will be presented during the solemn Gala of Polish Congress Ambassadors which will be held on September 14th at the ICE Congress Centre in Krakow!
The Congress Ambassadors program is jointly organized by the Polish Tourist Organization and the Conferences and Congresses in Poland association, an NGO, to distinguish, in particular, those who actively and with great enthusiasm acquire new congresses for Poland. Representing our country in various international structures, Congress Ambassadors use their broad and meaningful contacts to promote our country, its culture, and its academic achievements.
As a result of the discussion and vote of the Chapter, 17 people joined the Honorary Polish Congress Ambassadors:
- Grzegorz Borowski, infoShare foundation
- Professor Jerzy Hausner PhD, Krakow University of Economics
- Professor Piotr Jędrzejowicz PhD, Gdynia Maritime Academy
- Professor Joanna Józefowska, PhD, Eng., Poznan University of Technology, Faculty of Informatics, Department of Operational Research and Artificial Intelligence
- Czesław Lang, Lang Team Sp. z o. o.
- Professor Jan Malicki, PhD, Silesian Library
- Professor Józef Modelski PhD, Warsaw University of Technology, Institute of Radioelectronics and Multimedia Techniques
- Professor Andrzej Ochała PhD, Professor Leszek Gieca, Upper Silesian Medical Centre (SUM)
- Andrzej Ociepa, Municipal Public Library of Wroclaw
- Professor Marek Pajek, PhD, Jan Kochanowski University in Kielce
- Professor Ingrid Różyło-Kalinowska, PhD, MD, Independent Laboratory Unit of Propaedeutics of Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology, Medical University of Lublin
- Professor Janusz Skalski, PhD, UJ CM, Institute of Paediatrics
- Włodzimierz Strupiński PhD Eng., Institute of Electronic Materials Technology
- Professor Tadeusz Wallas PhD, the Faculty of Political Science and Journalism of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan
- Professor Grzegorz Wallner, MD, PhD, II Clinic of General, Gastroenterological and Gastrointestinal Surgery of the Independent Public Teaching Hospital No 1 in Lublin
- Maciej Żarow, DMD, PhD, DENTIST
- Jolanta Żyśko, PhD, School of Tourism and Recreation
The Chapter was composed of:
- Alicja Adamczak PhD, President of the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland
- Małgorzata Bartosik, Acting CEO, European Wind Energy Association
- Krzysztof Celuch PhD, Head of Poland Convention Bureau Polish Tourist Organisation
- Jerzy Chmiel PhD, President of the Polish Section of the International Council of Folklore Societies, Festivals and Folk Art
- Paula Fanderowska, Vice President of the Association of Conferences and Congresses in Poland
- Professor Janusz Lipkowski, PhD, President of the Warsaw Scientific Society
- Ewa Mańkiewicz–Cudny, President of the Federation Council of Scientific and Technical Associations NOT - Chief Technical Organization (voted electronically)
- Wojciech Maria Marchwica, the Image of Chopin Representative of the Director of the Fryderyk Chopin Institute / Institute of Musicology of the Jagiellonian University
- Professor Bohdan Maruszewski PhD, President of The Foundation of The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity and Head of Department of Cardiac Surgery Institute "Monument - Children's Health Centre"
- Jan Mazurczak, Chairman of the Board of the Poznan Convention Bureau (voted electronically)
- Professor Marek Pawelczyk, PhD, Eng. the Vice Rector for Science and Development, Silesian University of Technology, Chairman of the AKP Chapter
- Elżbieta Penderecka, President of the Ludwig van Beethoven Association (voted electronically)
- Małgorzata Przygórska – Skowron, Manager of the Congress Bureau / Krakow Convention Bureau
- Ireneusz Węglowski, President of the Chamber of Commerce of the Polish Hotel Industry (voted electronically)
- Piotr Wilczek, the SKKP Program Board Chairman (voted electronically)